In Community Services, we provide many different types of care, support and training.
Such services include:
- Community Nursing – Community Nursing Services are made up of many different types of service. The services work with patients in their own homes, in GP surgeries or in other locations in their local community. Some services work particularly with families and young children; some work with people across all age groups; some work with people with specific health problems; and others work with patients who need palliative care.
- Nursing services include District Nurses and community matrons, cardiac rehab and heart failure teams, CHEST team, continence and stoma care, palliative care, and the tissue viability team who deal with wound care, pressure sores and leg ulcers.
- Health Visiting and School Health - We work with parents, children and young people at school and in the communities where they live to help improve their health and promote health messages.
- Health Improvement Services - We work with local people to provide patients with the information and support they need to live a healthy life. Our aim is to help make the population of the Tyneside area healthier by providing the right information and support at the right time.
- Our main services include Diabetes Services, Sexual Health Services, Nutrition and dietetic services and the Stop smoking service.
- Rehabilitation Services - Our rehabilitation services include assistance for older people, and services that help patients manage long-term illnesses, like Diabetes or heart/breathing problems. We also provide health and adult social care services in the community.
- Support Services - We provide essential services to help support people in the community, including a loan equipment service, and Chronic Disease Monitoring Service.