Newcastle’s Dental Hospital is the major centre of specialist dental services for the northern region. We treat adults and children who are referred to us for expert dental care and advice.
Specialist services for a full range of complex conditions
Our specialist services include the following:
- Restorative dentistry - specialist treatment for gum disease, construction of dentures, crowns and bridges and root fillings
- Orthodontics - provision of specialist appliances, such as braces
- Sedation - specialist techniques for patients who are anxious or nervous of dental treatment
- Paediatric dentistry - dedicated care for our younger patients
- Dental and maxillofacial radiology - a range of X-ray services to help diagnose dental problems and monitor your treatment
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery - the surgical management of disease and deformity of the mouth, jaws and face.
- Oral medicine - investigating and treating disorders that involve the lining of the mouth
Pioneering dental research projects in the UK
We are one of the leading teaching hospitals in the UK, with pioneering research projects, and train a large number of dental specialists and dental students. Patients with more straightforward dental problems are sometimes referred to students to help them in their training and research.
We believe that aftercare is an important part of any procedure and will always give you advice on pain management and any sort of food and drink you should avoid after treatment.